If you replace only 1 switch in a 2-way scenario you would still be able to manually operate that light from either switch, however, we highly recommend using Den switches at both ends. This is because if you replace only one of the switches, the Den App will show the incorrect state some of the time. This is because it won't be able to tell the state of the non-Den switch.
Articles in this section
- How many devices does Den Hub support?
- What can I do with a Den Remote Control?
- Can I use the Den Motion Sensor only for Light Switches, or can I use it for appliances too?
- How long do the batteries last in the Den Remote Control and Motion Sensor?
- What kind of batteries are used in the Den Remote Control and Motion Sensor?
- Can Den products be used outdoors?
- What is the life expectancy of Den switches and sockets?
- What happens if I replace only 1 switch in a 2-way set-up?
- Can Den switches be used in a 2-way switching setup?
- What are the voltage and current ratings for Den products?