There's no doubt that wireless light switches and sockets already exist.
Many of the current wireless switches available on the market have replaced the familiar rocker switch with touch pads and buttons - we believe this makes them complicated, unfamiliar, and not for the mass market.
At Den, we're building products that we believe are far more intelligent than any other wireless switch available, however, our products still look and work in the exact same way as a standard, non-smart switch would. We haven't taken anything away from the original user experience and we believe this is extremely important for the worldwide adoption of smart light switches and sockets.
Apart from retaining the function of the classic rocker switch, meaning you can still control it manually at the switch as well as remotely through the App, our products offer a wide range of features such as:
- Bi directional communication - So the state of all switches is known by the App and can be controlled from anywhere in the world.
- Smart Tags - Each socket is supplied with tags that help our smart sockets identify which appliances are plugged in, where they are plugged in and whether the appliance is on or off.
- Schedules and timers - Our app provides a lot of flexibility; you can set up multiple timers and schedules per day for each appliance and light switch. You can also schedule when the motion sensor is active and when to get notifications.
- Energy monitoring - Using our smart tags and an inbuilt mechanism in our sockets, you can measure how much energy each appliance is using.
- Meshing system - Den products talk to each other using a custom wireless protocol built on IEEE 802.15.4, it uses low-power digital radio signals and therefore uses very little energy compared to Wi-Fi. It also allows our sockets to communicate with each other via a meshing system, therefore the range will keep extending and cover a large area, provided that the sockets are within range of each other.
- 2-way switching - All Den light switches support 2-way switching, meaning that two different switches can control one light fitting. Perfect for your hallway or stairs! (soon to come)
Our App provides advice on when motion sensors are triggered and notifications when lights or tagged appliances are left on.
Lastly, a feature unique to Den switches is that when you toggle a switch via the App, the switch on the wall also flicks to correspond with the change of state, smart right?