You can use Alexa to control Den Light Switches and tagged appliances. To control an appliance plugged into a Den Socket Outlet, it must have been added to the Den app as an appliance using a Smart Tag.
You will use the name you choose during the "Add new appliance" process to control it with Alexa. For more information on Den Smart Tags see this page.
Follow these steps to get things up and running:
- Setup your Den system. Make sure you've been through the "Add new appliance" process for any appliances you want to control.
- Go to the Alexa App and search for our Skill, it's called "Den". You can find the Den Alexa Skill here. Enable the Skill by tapping "Enable".
- A login screen will appear. Sign in to your Den account using your Den username and password.
- Select your Den from the drop down box and click "Authorize".
- You should see a message saying "Den has successfully been linked".
- Close the window and click "Discover Devices". Alexa will find your Den products and appliances and make them available to control. You should see them listed in the Smart Home section of the Alexa App.
- Try it out! For example, you can say "Alexa, turn on ceiling light", where ceiling light is the name of one of your Den Light Switches.
If you add more products or appliances, you'll need to get Alexa to discover your devices again. You can make this happen by saying "Alexa, discover my devices".